One of the UK's largest independent building services contractors, our client provides high quality work throughout design, installation and maintenance of their projects. By working closely with their clients and keeping up to date with developments in the building services field, they can ensure the success of projects over a wide range of sectors from commercial, residential, retail and leisure. They are looking to grow their commercial team and have a Senior Quantity Surveyor role to work from their Warrington based offices
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Continual support of the Commercial team and working alongside the Contracts Manager on the engineering side of projects.
- Full responsibility for overseeing the contracts and terms and conditions, amending these, if required, to limit risks.
- Production of comprehensive commercial risk registers for contracts.
- Preparation of all invoices and payments for submittal to relevant parties including sub-contractors, and management of outsourced equipment packages
- Ensurance that the contracts are being strictly adhered to and will be able to amend these should this be necessary
- Writing the monthly reports for production at meetings, preparing documents for variations, loss and compensation, successfully complete all projects final accounts including the sub-contractors.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with Supply Chain and Off Site Manufacture departments.
- Review of tenders
- Costings – from tender to final bid
- Variation management to ensure a favourable financial outcome
The successful candidate will come from a M&E background, will have excellent negotiation and communication skills, be persuasive in character and capable to be flexible within their working environment! You will be professional throughout and have a good eye for detail in your work.
Skills and Qualifications
- HNC or degree level in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering
- Experience of relevant industry software packages
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of NEC contracts
Salary and Package
Up to £65K with a fantastic company package to include a car/allowance