Our client provides all aspects of M&E Engineering and are currently looking to secure a Birmingham based Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join their Midlands team. The role will be a permanent position ultimately working from the Birmingham office however, it will initially be based on a project due to run until 2024 in Oxford. The Oxford project is a £53 million medical facility project and lodgings and travel will be paid for the duration.
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Continual support of the Commercial team and working alongside the Contracts Manager on the engineering side on projects.
- Review of tenders to ensure a suitable supply chain partner is secured
- Full responsibility for overseeing the contracts and terms and conditions, amending these, if required, to limit risks.
- You will be able to produce a comprehensive commercial risk register for contracts.
- Preparation of all invoices and payments for submittal to relevant parties including sub-contractors, and management of outsourced equipment packages
- Ensuring that contracts are being strictly adhered to and will be able to amend these should this be necessary
- Financially the role will entail you writing the monthly reports for production at meetings, preparing documents for variations, loss and compensation, successfully complete all projects final accounts including the sub-contractors.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with Supply Chain and Off Site Manufacture departments.
The successful candidate will come from a M&E background, will have excellent negotiation and communication skills, be persuasive in character and capable to be flexible within their working environment! You will be professional throughout and have a good eye for detail in your work.
Skills and Qualifications
- HNC or degree level in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering
- Experience of relevant industry software packages
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of NEC contracts
Salary and Package
The client is offering an excellent package of up to £70K plus car/allowance and benefits. Lodgings and travel will also be paid until the completion of the Oxford project.