Our client is looking for a Project Engineer who is happy to work away from home and has an ex-military and logistics background. They require a candidate who understands both electrical and mechanical engineering. The client is a well established engineering company who manufacture market leading training simulators for worldwide clients.
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Coordination and control of contracts
- Budget control
- Customer liaising
- Overall management
- Provide support to ensure estimates are produced accurately
- Reviewing of estimates to ensure competitiveness
- Notes recording
- Maintenance of contract files
- Ensuring the quality procedures are adhered to
- Communication of information effectively, correct information to correct person / department
- Risk mitigations
- Identification of business opportunities
- Sub-contractor and management
- Support the PM at project reviews
- Assist with the aftercare for clients
- Continually improve works by updating knowledge
- Adhere to H&S and Quality Assurance procedures
You must be a well organised, experienced individual who can manage the time schedule of projects effectively. You should be able to communicate well at all levels and be able to deliver the projects to the clients with the best quality and costings as well as on schedule. You must be able to prioritise the works and be able to manage several projects at one time and be prepared to work throughout the UK and overseas
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in logistics
- Ex-military forces is preferred
- Proven effective project engineering and planning experience.
- Relevant design and technical experience.
- Management and negotiation skills.
- Highly developed and effective problem-solving skills.
- Be competent in the use of EDM’s Project software.
- Competent user of Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- The ability to learn and use EDM’s Finance & Production System.
- MS Projects preferred but not essential as training can be given
- Relevant engineering / technical / project qualification
Salary and Package
£30-45K dependant on seniority of applicant.