We are recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor for our client who are a family run well established M&E contractor. The role will be based in Glasgow and candidates must be from a building services background, ideally with experience working on sizeable projects from 'cradle to grave'.
The Role and its Responsibiliites
- Manage installation of packages to drawings and specifications.
- Ensure appropriate quality and workmanship is maintained
- Quality control – Undertake and take accountability for inspections on site to ensure compliance with client requirements and specification.
- Coordinate the onsite installation.
- Coordinate sub-contractor deliveries.
- Understand and work to the programme.
- Management of defects, snagging and closure.
- Manage and monitor performance of on-site Mechanical specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of mechanical activities in accordance with construction drawing’s, schedules, and specifications.
- Raise any issues that may affect progress, ensure that quality, benchmarks etc are maintained and delivered at all times.
- Monitor of labour numbers daily.
- Attend daily briefings with the site team
- Assist the mechanical engineer with equipment procurement and planning.
- Assist with commissioning activities and handover.
- Be the mechanical appointed person onsite to implicate and manage the mechanical safe systems of work.
- Report on site progress
- Review of the of the scope of works
- Assisting the mechanical engineer and safety advisor with regular review of RAM’s.
- Manage and ensure health and safety onsite and toolbox talks
Previous experience working as a mechanical supervisor ideally with a building services recognised sub-contractor.
Have experience and understand risk assessments and method statements, Inspection Test Plans, commissioning, and handover requirements.
Able to communicate with subcontractors, consultants, and other team members.
Experience in quality inspection – walk mechanical services systems and check in accordance with the installation drawing’s / specification.
Skills and Qualifications
- NVQ level 3 in plumbing or heating and ventilation
- Hold a SSSTS or SMSTS certification.
- Hold full UK driving licence
Salary and Package