We are currently seeking a Mechanical Estimator on behalf of our client, a successful company based in the North Manchester area who are at the forefront of the renewables sector. The key purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate mechanical estimates for design & build and energy upgrade projects throughout the UK and your first project will be to work on the energy upgrade of multiple government buildings.
For future projects you will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of major works across most sectors such as commercial, retail, education, healthcare, leisure, residential and defence and we are looking for a persuasive, articulate and tenacious individual for this role!
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Supporting the Bid Manager
- Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
- Producing complete mechanical estimates using ‘Estimation’ Software
- Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct
- Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system
- Production of Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
- Liaising with the Commercial Manager to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
- Represent the Company in negotiations and meetings
- Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project.
- Maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders
- Assist the Project Manager, Operations Director and Commercial Manager in development of the initial ‘Monthly Cost Report’
- Protect our clients' commercial position during the tender period and liaise with the Commercial Manager when decisions lie outside their delegated authority limit.
- Attend internal project close out meeting and close out any commercial actions.
You will require an objective and proactive approach to estimating, be ‘customer facing’ and capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is keen, and ambitious to develop their career further, with a thriving company with offices throughout the UK.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role.
- Qualification to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a Building Services related qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience of estimation software
- Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
- AutoCAD knowledge
- Design experience preferable, but not essential
- Good understanding of BREEAM, EPC’s, relevant Building Regulations, SBE
Salary and Package
£50-58K plus compnay package and car/allowance