Mech Electrics are looking to assist with the recruitment of an Electrical Site Manager for a staff role based in Milton Keynes. The client are a major tier 1 contractor who we have worked with for over 15 years and the role will be site based working on a new build project for at least 18 months at this location. There will be more work beyond this project but our focus is to initially secure a candidate for this building services position.
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Check with site management team that all construction drawings are current before issuing to operatives.
- Check all operatives under your control and supervision are aware of all HSE aspects, they understand their method statements and risk assessments. Conduct site inductions, weekly tool box talks, ensuring that they take place and signed copies are filed.
- Assess the relevant works, ensure that all plant and material is on site, to enable the operatives to carry out their work, without delay.
- Ensure all deliveries to site are complete, and any shortages are highlighted on the delivery notes and filled under incomplete orders.
- Control of Health & Safety file, Accident book and PPE.
- On a weekly basis, mark up drawings of progress by your team and prepare as required marked up drawings for as fitted drawings records.
- Attend weekly or more frequent meetings with the management team and relevant sub contractors to discuss progress and co ordination.
- Sign off completion sheets
- Ensure prior to hand over of areas, all areas are cleared of plant and redundant materials and the services and install is tagged accordingly.
Our client is looking for a candidate who must be able to demonstrate their ability to manage Site Manager tasks effectively. You should be an excellent team worker who will be able to work alongside the Project Director, PM's and Engineers on site. You should also be able to build and maintain solid relationships with both the main contractor, appointed sub-contractors and in-house work force.
Skills and Qualifications
- Up to date electrical qualification
- CSCS card
- Management skills
- Organised in the workplace, able to prioritise
Salary and Package
Offering a competative salary of up to £45K plus a £350 month car allowance and company benefits