As enabling works get under way, Allied London and Main Contractor Lendlease have outlined a six-year construction programme for the St John’s project in Manchester.
Lendlease is due to deliver 18 buildings across the site, which stretches along the River Irwell between Water Street, Liverpool Road and Quay Street. Although final designs are still being refined, these are set to include:
- The Tower, a 54-storey building featuring a hotel, apartments, and commercial space
- Albert Lofts, a 17-storey building and a five-storey building
- South Village, eight eight-storey mixed-use buildings
- Globe & Simpson, a 12-storey office building with retail space at ground and first floors
- No1 Grape Street, a 30-storey building featuring co-living and commercial space
- Manchester Goods Yard, featuring three 10-storey office blocks
- Nickel & Dime, twin residential towers reaching 36 storeys in height
This is a stunning project for Manchester and being 6 years in the making gives a great outlook to a secure future to the construction industry in the North West.
Source: Place North West