We are seeking a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor or Project M&E Quantity Surveyor to work for our client, a main contractor, on a major MOD project in Suffolk (£35 million M&E value). This is a joint venture with another main contractor and they have a Tier 1 M&E Contractor on site.
The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for managing the relationship with the Tier 1 M&E Contractor to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
The Role and its Responsibilities
- Working with the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
- Ensuring that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
- Maximising cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value .
Our client requires a candidate with experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should be a good organiser with an ability to prioritise your workload.
Skills and Qualifications
- NEC Option C experience essential.
- Experience working with a Tier 1 M&E Contractor.
- Holder of a Full Driving Licence Degree
- Holds the relevant qualifications (e.g. Degree in Quantity Surveying)
- M&E Experience within a similar role
Salary and Package
The successful candidate will receive an attractive package and great prospects with this prestigious construction company.