We have recruited on behalf of this particular client for well over a decade. Being a specialist agency we recruit this type of role regularly and enjoy recruiting for this particular client, as their quality of install is as good as it gets. They are a tier 1 M&E contractor, have excellent in house support with design, estimating and commercial, giving the project teams excellent back up and support. The site is ready for occupation, the cabins are in place, and the work is ready to be tackled!
The Role and its Responsibilities
We have been asked to supply a Mechanical Project Engineer to this large scheme in Cheshire, to join a team who have been on site since late last year.
- Working on designs at the initial and ongoing phases to improve the results for both client and company and contributing to a more financially sound outcome for all parties.
- Working to deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of supply chains, legislations, and sub-contractors
- Successful record of co-ordination, delivery, and handover of projects.
- Management of budget and timeframes of works.
- Overseeing of Health and Safety throughout works.
- Successful working relationships with Electrical counterpart
- Management of sub-contractors, suppliers and materials and confident support of site teams.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels on major projects
Ideally you will have have steam experience and come from a built environment background. It's not a role that requires experience of major steam installations, rather having experience of it in an environment such a hospital is adequate enough.
Skills and Qualifications
- HNC level qualification, or equivalent, in Building Services Engineering.
- Experience in a similar role.
Salary and Package
The day rate is negotiable dependent on experience, the rate stated is flexible dependent on your experience and background.
The Mechanical Project Engineer role is contract, you will be engaged for approximately 6-8 months, and with an ever growing order book, there could genuinely be more work on other contracts once the work is complete.